Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Reviewing October 2020 Ipsy









 


I think it’s amazing how creative millennial entrepreneurs have been this past decade, from Zoella branding herself into a blogger and author, to James Charles being a young boy with a love for makeup evolving into a cosmetic brand with one of the most coveted pallets in the market right now, to Kylie Jenner making LipKits that sat in her garage she would later sell to millions making her the youngest billionaire of our time. 


The list of inspiring millennials is no small feat. In today’s post we’re going to be reviewing the products in my Ipsy this month that I’m dying to share with you, but before we get into it you could be asking yourself, ‘what’s an Ipsy?’ 


For those of you who have never heard of what I’m speaking of Ipsy is a company that works with name brand vendors and sends out 5 sample products a month to its subscribers for just $12.99. 


This brand was started by a young woman named Michelle Phan who was a beauty guru on YouTube who collaborated with Jennifer Jaconetti Goldfarb from the Bare Minerals company, and Marcelo Camberos from Funny or Die who would become CEO of Ipsy.  


‘How does this work?’ You might be wondering. Well, when you sign up on https://www.ipsy.com/  or through the Ipsy app which you can download on any AppStore you will be conducted a series of questions about your skin color, skin type, hair color/type, Cosmetic and skincare brands you like and what type of shades of colors you would like to try or wear. This recorded information is sent to the Ipsy headquarters where a team member will review your form and pick out 5 personalized products for you that will be sent to your mailbox within the month.


It’s that easy! 


Without further delay let’s get into the post! 


  • The first thing we have to talk about is the cosmetic pouch it’s self. For the month of October they went into full on witch mode and embraced the celestial side of the season which was done beautifully. On the bag there’s gold detailing of a third eye branching out into various cosmetics and the gold zipper on the top is to die for! The zipper itself is a crescent moon with a star on the inside. 10/10. 



1). Benefit Gimme Brow + Neutral Deep Brown 4.5 Volumizing Eyebrow Gel. This brow gel holds tiny microfibers that stick to the skin to create a full and natural brow look. The brush is super easy to use and doesn’t leave any trace of mess behind in its path making it a go-to product if you need tinted voluminous brows without the mess or skill of pomade. It’s also important to note that the product is waterproof and won’t easily smear which is perfect for summer. However, if you’re like me and have full thick brows already this product might not serve a purpose for you as it’s designed to make thinner brows look full. 

 


https://www.benefitcosmetics.com/en-us/product/gimme-brow-volumizing-eyebrow-gel?product=GIMMEBROW-FULL&sku=EC15



2). SLMISSGLAM P40 Round Blusher Brush. This brush is absolutely gorgeous! Its sparkly green handle is super fun and a great tool to add to my brush jar. The synthetic bristles are super soft to touch and blend cream, powder, wet, or dry pigments with ease (and no streakyness!). It builds up colors like a dream and can be used for bronzer as well. The full size brush is retailed at $18.50 USD. 




https://slmissglambeauty.com/


3). THEBALM COSMETICS - Will Powder Blush in Perseverance. I’m a brown Romanian and finding blushes that look natural and aren’t too light or too dark can be a challenge for me, but this blush gives me the perfect natural color to my face and chin and I couldn’t be happier that I’ve found a color that suits my skin tone. This all-natural blush is made without talc, synthetic binders, dimethicone, parabens, or polyethylene which means it’s safe for your skin and won’t cause any chemical damage. Not to mention the vintage packaging The Balm Cosmetics is known for is worth the purchase itself. 



https://thebalm.com/products/will-powder-blush-quad


4). TARTE - Maracuja Tinted Hydrator in Tan Sand. As much as I love the packaging this brand is known for I have to admit I wasn’t too crazy about this product. Baring in mind it is a tinted moisturizer and not a full on foundation I didn’t care for the shiny after look the product produced on my skin after an hour of wearing it. Though this could just be reacting with my skin type but the Dewey sheen just made my young supple skin look oily. I do however think this product would be great for older women who just want a little something to touch up their skin in the morning and want to achieve that young youthful glowing look. I also have to note that the shade Tan Sand was a PERFECT match for me. 


 https://tartecosmetics.com/shop/maracuja-tinted-moisturizer-2014.html


    5). TIMELESS BEAUTY BAR - Apres Sea Face Sheet Mask and Face the Day Face Sheet Mask Set. I tried my first sheet mask when I was 16 and I loved it. It was the Sephora pomegranate mask and it replenished my skin like a dream, ever sense then I’ve had a heart for sheet masks.

Not to mention, they’re mess free and any left over product on your skin you can just rub in before bed! When I saw I would be receiving not one but TWO sheet masks I was over the moon! The Apres Sea is perfect for after a day out in the sun as it presents a cooling effect and soothes the skin of any heat damage. The Face the Day mask is perfect for after a night of getting lit as it reduces redness, puffiness, and hydrates dry skin.  It’s a win win combo. The full size retails for $5.00 USD each. 



  


https://www.timelessbeautybar.com/product-page/apres-sea-face-sheet-mask



After the end of each month Ipsy will ask you to review the products and they take the feedback seriously and alter your future bags to fit your requirements. If you don’t like the brand they’ll no longer include it but if you love it they’ll continue sending products from the brand your way! 


I hope you found this post interesting or helpful.

Until next time,

Ellie-Kate. 



 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig